An uncommon pizza
It’s high time to indulge yourself! Our pizza is made with shrimp, pesto, herbes de Provence and a trio of cheeses – Parmesan, goat and mozzarella. It’s a welcome change from traditional pizzas and awakens dreams of summer. Serve it in wedges or bite-size squares.
Shrimp, pesto, and goat cheese pizza
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
30 raw shrimp (31/40) washed and tail removed
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
5 ml (1 tsp.) garlic powder
7 ml (1 1/2 tsp.) herbes de Provence
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pizza dough balls
60 ml (1/4 cup) pesto
100 ml (6 heaping tbsp.) Parmesan, grated
250 ml (1 cup) mozzarella, grated
250 ml (1 cup) unripened goat cheese, crumbled
Crushed chili peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F). 2. In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, oil, garlic and herbs. 3. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Stir. 5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. 6. When the skillet is hot, sauté the shrimp for a few seconds. 7. Do not cook completely as they will go into the oven later on. 8. Flour the countertop. 9. With a rolling pin or your hands, make two pizzas. 10. Brush with pesto. 11. Sprinkle with Parmesan. 12. Add the mozzarella. 13. Scatter the shrimp over and sprinkle with goat cheese. 14. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes. 15. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil, and add a bit of crushed chili peppers to spice it up. 16. Serve immediately.
What to drink
With hints of lemon and melon, and a touch of minerality, Lolo Paco&Lola will make a charming match. The Spanish Albariño grape produces refreshing, crisp whites, like this Lolo from northwestern Spain. If you prefer beer with your pizza, try Estrella, another Spanish treat. This ale-lager hybrid falls somewhere between a blond ale and a witbier, with a dash of citrus and coriander. Rosé fans will appreciate the floral and fruity aromas of Carrelot des Amants, so redolent of southwestern France. This rosé also goes particularly well with chicken-pesto pizza. Check out the recipe here.
Estrella Damm Inedit
$8.65Blond Lager750 mlSpainSAQ code : 11276336
Note: For vintage products, the vintage in stock may differ from the one displayed.
Reduced prices do not apply to SAQ Dépôt stores unless expressly stated to the contrary.
Winter movie night
A movie-and-pizza night is the perfect duo to make the most of cocooning season. To put you in the mood, here are our suggestions of movies taking place during winter time!
- Because it’s a homegrown tale: La guerre des tuques (1984)
- A perennial classic: The Shining (1980)
- A cult favourite: Les bronzés font du ski (French Fried Vacation 2) (1979)
- For the romantically inclined: Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001)
Photography: Christian Lacroix