1. How many emergency food assistance requests are made each month in Québec?
2. What can a $1 donation provide when given to the FBQ?
3. How many people go hungry each month in Quebec?
4. How many kilos of food were distributed by the FBQ and its networks last year?
5. How much money did the SAQ donate to FBQ last year?
6. For how long has the SAQ supported Food Banks of Québec?
The FBQ organization in 6 questions
1. The FBQ receives an average of 1.9 million emergency food assistance requests every month.
2. Each $1 donation is the equivalent to three meals for individuals suffering form hunger. Turning a simple dollar into three meals is possible because the FBQ has agreements with supermarkets that enable it to buy bulk amounts of food at a fraction of the retail price.
3. Despite Quebec’s overall favourable economic conditions, food aid is still needed, and this need is increasing.
4. Through the Supermarket Recovery Program, the FBQ provides food for families in poverty, and helps eliminate supermarket edible food waste. This program is made possible thanks to SAQ, a grant from Recyc-Québec (in French only), and thanks to partnerships with Provigo, Maxi, Metro, Super C, and IGA.
5. The SAQ donated more than 1.2 million dollars to the Food Banks of Québec last year. Over the past ten years, the SAQ has donated a total of 5.56 million dollars to the FBQ.
6. Through various fundraising activities, the SAQ has supported the FBQ for the past 10 years; the SAQ has also supported food security for 15 years through its involvement with and contribution to the Tablée des chefs organization.